Friday, July 3, 2009

An Oasis on My Commute



This floating dock is on a small lake that I bike past everyday on my commute(when I commute by bike). It's out there all year long, and I often think that it would be nice to swim out to it. It would feel so nice on those hot July days, to take a dip. Now, I've decided I'm going to do it! Ditch my bike in the bushes and dive in. It will be a bit of a swim, but I swam competitively, so I'm not worried about making it out there. Then I can kick back and take in the rays, before finishing my ride home. I'll let you know how it goes.

7 comments:

2whls3spds said...

I would wait until January...then you could walk out to it! LOL

Aaron

Anonymous said...

Cycling and swimming? Dude, that's multi-modal commuting at its best! :)

Lovely Bicycle! said...

It looks like a beautiful place; good luck!

Unknown said...

My daily commute takes me past the Cedar Lake beaches. It's always tempting to stop for a dip during the summer.

spiderleggreen said...

2whls3spds~ I will when iciclebicycle returns.

Rue~ I know. I get in a rush to somewhere on the way home. To where? I don't know sometimes. I need to slow down and have fun.

Trisha said...

What a beautiful spot! Like you said, I get caught up in "wanting to get home" sometimes and don't take advantage of things like this...hope it works out for you.

bikejuju said...

I go past a beaver dam pond, and it's way to scummy to swim in, but when it gets hot enough sometimes I am tempted!